10 Waverly Place (and #12 beyond) - picture taken about 1921 (before
#8 Waverly was built in 1923). [contributed by Ross Lazear]
Building of #10 was completed in November 1919 as the parsonage for
the McKownville Methodist Church.
The Methodist Church required their pastors to move every three
years, so there is a substantial list of former occupants.
The dedication ceremony was held 9 May 1920, and Leon B. Randall was
the first pastor to occupy this house.
From 1940-45 it was rented out to Donald J Waldbillig; in 1946
he moved next door to #12 Waverly (built in 1916), and #10 returned
to being the parsonage.
The church sold it in 1968 and since then it has been a private
10 Waverly Place viewed recently
return to McKownville
older buildings photo index page
return to McKownville Improvement
Association index page